BeamScale HF software analyzes lighting data files (standard IeS format) and is used primarily by the automotive industry to simulate and calculate the amount of light that will strike pre-defined target areas when both headlamps on a vehicle are illuminated.
This proprietary software is the latest photometric beam pattern analysis software available from STS and is used for post-processing of IeS files generated by our line of goniophotometers and VOa systems. It is used to analyze the beam patterns of automotive forward lighting products and can process multiple files at once to evaluate real world performance-based objectives.
New technology such as matrix beams, adaptive Forward-lighting System (aFS) and adaptive Driving Beam (aDB) can be evaluated for performancebased characteristics including, but not limited to:
- Beam spread
- Beam reach
- Glare evaluation
- Hot spot / dark spot discovery
- Analyzes full vehicle results with output of combined lamps
- Customizes files based on your needs
- Calculates IIHS rating for vehicle
- Calculates lux values for Consumer Reports posts
- Outputs results in Microsoft Excel file format for further analysis
- Future protocols – National Highway Transportation and Safety administration (NHSTa) and New Car Assessment Program (NCAP